05 June 2014


When I finish up a layout I like to take all of the small scraps and put them in a drawer and if I have just a few embellishments left from a pack, I put them away with my color coordinated boxes. When I am not feeling motivated or inspired to scrapbook a layout, I grab the box of scraps, pick some papers that coordinate, then grab the color boxes of embellishments that match what I've already selected & I make as many cards as I can with what I've picked. Some of them are super simple, like the first one I'm sharing with you today, or elaborate and time consuming like the second. 

This first card is made with a card bask of slate colored cardstock, a Crate Paper frame from the Pier Collection, a piece of random yellow pattern paper, a chipboard butterfly from Studio Calico, Twine from Lawn Fawn, and a sentiment typed from my typewriter. It's very simple, but it's definitely one of my favorites. Now I just need the perfect person to send it to. 
The second card I made using a bunch of Dear Lizzy scraps, all of the pattern paper and the sentiment are from the Daydreamer line and the Gold Dot vellum is from a past release. I took the scraps from a quilt inspired layout, glued them to a sheet of thin paper, then die-cut out the circle using my Cuttlebug and Spellbinders circle dies, I added the vellum behind it and glued it down to a card base, then I used foam tape to glue down the sentiment which came from a cardstock diecut pack. I think I'm going to give this to my husband Ryan so I can show him some love, but still keep the card. ;)
Thanks for stopping by & checking out a couple of my favorite cards. 

2 comments: