02 June 2014

Packing for a Retreat

Here in Georgia, we are lucky to have a few different options for cabin retreats. My friends and I get together pretty regularly to crop at each others houses, but it is really nice to go away together to a beautiful cabin that is set up specially for scrapbooking. We plan who will be responsible for which main meal and once we're there we stay there. Last time we went it was so awesome!! We had a great time and I got a few pages done, which you can see in a post below.

This year we are going to a different cabin, & I'm going to try something different from what I usually do as far as packing. I'm trying out page kits. I have a bunch of zipper bags and plastic envelopes that I'm planning on using to put paper, photos, story ideas, and embellishments in. I have an example of one of my page kits looks like. 

For this kit, I have 1 photo & story to make a page about. So I put in one piece of minty colored cardstock that I love the look of next to my photo. I then chose a collection of papers that I felt would showcase the photo well. For this one I chose the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Styleboard collection. I have a few sheets of 12x12 & 6x6 papers plus a few scraps from the 6x6 paper pad. 

For the embellishments I chose items that I know I love to use with photos of Ryan & I. I picked out a few ampersands, some hearts, icons like cameras, that also have hearts on them, plus a few tags from Elle's Studio that are in the same colors and motifs. 

Lastly I chose a couple of sticker sheets, the one that coordinates with Styleboard collection, plus an older border sticker sheet, also from Crate Paper, but from the Pretty Party collection and the leftovers from a sheet of silver glitter stickers from Heidi Swapp that I picked up on clearance at Michael's not too long ago. 

In addition to my page kits, I plan to bring some card bases, stamps & inks, my tool kit, and my Cameo + laptop. I use my Cameo for almost every layout and I've found that I have a harder time completing a layout without it, so it's a must. Plus I think all of my friends are excited that I'm bringing it along. I think I'll also pack a few extra photos, in case I finish the layouts I have set up in the page kits and have plenty of leftovers for a few more pages, which I'm sure will happen. So I think I will have plenty to work on, plus I'm sure I'll get plenty of socializing in too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment