03 June 2014


For today's Traditional Tuesday I'm sharing a page from my 2014 album. Ryan and I went to Jekyll Island in January for a Health & P.E. Convention, so I have a ton of photos I want to scrapbook from the trip. It was Ryan's first time on the island, and it had been over a decade since I had visited it. So it was kind of a big deal. During January and February, the Jekyll Island Visitors Center holds a daily scavenger hunt for glass orbs created by local artists. They are some of the most beautiful pieces of glass art I've ever seen. Each one is hand made and unique. I REALLY wanted to find one, but unfortunately I never did. We spent a little bit of time each day on the hunt, so I wanted to make sure I created a page to remember the hours of walking and searching. Even though we never found one of those beauties it certainly gave us a chance to see a lot of the island. I'm already counting down the days until we can go back next January and I'm going to really make a greater effort to find a glass orb of my own. 
 For the background I used a Silhouette cut, Design ID #53723, its a Jillibean Soup cut file available in the store. I edited it so that only the circles were cut, not the outlines. Then I backed each circle with either a piece of pattern paper from the Dear Lizzy Daydreamer collection or my photo of Ryan keeping an eye on the rock wall on our walk down the beach before dinner one night. 
 I chose 2 circles to embellish, in order to create a triangle between them and the photo, as well as between them and my journaling. I used some pieces from a pack of Heidi Swapp ephemera I bought at Michael's on clearance along side some stickers from a variety of scrapbook colletions, including the Daydreamer collection.
 For the title, I wanted to ensure that my point of the journaling was made known. So I decided to call it on the hunt, I used letters from the Simple Stories Daily Grind collection and Bella Blvd Sophisticates, which is a couple of years old.




I have to say this is one of my favorite pages from those I've made using photos from our trip.
Thanks for stopping by & having a look. I'll be back in a few days with another traditional layout to share.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love how you used the circles to mimic the glass orbs! I hope that you do find one on your next trip as they sound beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete