01 April 2013

Elle's Studio April Gallery Reveal Pt 1


So it's that time of the month again, I'm here to share my first project for the April Elle's Studio Design Team Gallery. I can't believe how fast this year is going by. We are already past our 1st quarter. Wow. So this month I wanted to try something different & instead of sticking to scrapbook layouts I used almost all Elle's Studio products on one of my Project Life weeks. Seriously. I'm so far behind. I never let myself get behind last year. Well I haven't even finished February yet. Yikes. So since I was feeling the pressure, I decided to go simple, which is perfect for Elle's products. They make the spread unique & fun, while keeping it stylish & coordinating.

I used a mixture of Day to Day & You & Me for the spread, & I think they compliment each other so well.

Here's my spread, all the way back from 4-10 February.


This spread was so simple, but it still speaks volumes to who I am & what my style looks like. 


We received a thank you card from our nephew thanking us for his birthday gift. He's 6 & he's so funny, incredibly sweet, & adorable. How cute is this card? Love that my S-I-L made spaces for him to write in, his handwriting is so cute. I'm totally taking this idea from her if I ever end up with a kid of my own. ;)

I immediately knew I wanted to include this little gem, but including cards in scrapbooks or pocket page protectors is hard. I stuck it in there, but then you couldn't read the note without taking it out. I still wanted everything to be intact. I mean, we may not live here for the rest of our lives, so having a little token that shows us where we where in perspective really means something to me. So, I tucked the top of the card into the envelope, then tacked down the closure flap & back of the card to  the card behind it. then I left the address envelope part outside of the pocket, so you can lift & read. Sometimes the simplest answers to our problems take the most thought. ;)


My dad came to stay with us for a few short days & while he was here, we of course took advantage of the time together & worked on our family tree. While we are getting to the point of no new information, we did find one tidbit about one of my paternal great-great grandfathers. He was a POW during the Civil War, not to mention we found a whole webpage devoted to his story. How cool is that? We also found the widow's pension application about my other paternal great-great grandfather, who died in a hospital in Kingston, GA after suffering from a severe fever, it had accounts and testimonies from not only my great-great grandmother, his wife, but also men that had been on the battlefield with him. I find all of it so interesting. I can't imagine what we will dig up next. Now I'm so invested in these two stories that I've been using my history degree & researching Point Lookout and Elmira POW camps. 


I hope you enjoyed my first project for this month's gallery. If you'd like to see more of my project life,  say... maybe a video or two? leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment