29 June 2012

I'm going to be an aunt again!

My beautiful sister-in-law is being induced today. We've been waiting for this day, as a family, for a while. Little C will be her first baby, so I'm sure she feels like she's been waiting forever too. We had a baby shower for her almost a month ago, so in honor of my SIL J & Little C, I thought I post a few of the projects I did for her for the baby shower and the gifts I made.

I made this banner for the shower. She sent me a .pdf to print and cut out. but as a paper crafter I had to take it to the next level. I used my Silhouette SD to cut everything. But once it was cut I had to adhere each individual stripe and chevron... luckily the polka dots were the negative so I didn't have to glue those like that.

I also printed out and cut the matching cupcake toppers. Boy was that a job. 

I don't have kids of my own, so I have the HARDEST time shopping for baby gifts, even with a registry. I'm always the crafty one trying to think of something new & interesting to make for the little one. I made this C frame with my Silhouette, some vinyl, and Ikea frame, & some navy tone on tone striped pattern paper. It's a shadow box & I wanted to add a little alligator inside of the frame (thanks Megan, for that idea), since that's the kind of thing she's going for in the nursery, but I couldn't ever find one that wasn't too realistic or small enough.


These are 2 of the onesies I made him. I also made one that said Snips & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails. She loved them. 

So we will be meeting Little C soon. I'm so excited. I guess I'm lucky to have such an amazingly HUGE family (there will be 27 of us in the immediate family this time tomorrow, 2 babies in 2012!!) from Ryan, it's one of the best things he's ever given to me, & since we don't have kids of our own yet, I get to live vicariously through my SILs and ooh & ahh over the new arrivals. Sometimes it's hectic having such a big family, & coming from a 3 person family it gets overwhelming fast, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love the Gordons so much & I'm happy I get to call myself one of them.

2 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful gifts!
    I always liked the "made with love" items I received for baby gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation. I'm sure she appreciated all you did.

    ReplyDelete