18 August 2014

You're a Treat!

Lately I've been on a card making binge. Seriously I didn't realize how much fun I could have getting inky and trying lots of techniques, but geez, I'm having a great time. Recently I discovered the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog & this week their challenge was right up my alley. I've been so inspired by summer colors and themes, so I'm here to share a card I made recently with some watercolor paper, distress inks and some Silhouette Studio cut files to match their recent challenge: Simon Says... Summer. They were so easy to make and I absolutely love them.
I decided to make a set of the cards, in a classic pairing of purple, red, and orange Popsicles (though you could make them in any color under the sun). I covered the sentiment in glitter from my sakura glitter pen and then covered them in glossy accents. The colors of distress ink that I used are Dusty Concord, Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade and Antique Linen. I love how they turned out and now all of my friends want a set. :)


1 comment:

  1. I love your popsicle cards Katie they are so cute and just perfect for our challenge.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete